Julia K. Maurus has been writing creatively for as long as she can remember. She won her first creative writing award at the age of 10. An associate member of the Fellowship of Australian Writers, Julia was a columnist and features writer for the Fellowship’s quarterly member magazine, The Australian Writer, from 2009 to 2016. She has freelance writing and editing experience and is an Accredited Editor and Professional Member of the Institute of Professional Editors.
Julia’s work has appeared in several publications, including Hecate’s Australian Women’s Book Review (2006), Above Water 2010 (The University of Melbourne), Climate Change Adaptation Guided by the Law (DLA Piper, 2013), and the Australian Indigenous Law Review (2017).
Writing: The Whole Story is a selected folio of Julia’s writing.
- National Novel Writing Month winner 2008 & 2011.
- Second Prize, Article Section, The Society of Women Writers Victoria Inc. Biennial Literary Awards 2007.
- Third Prize, Melbourne Arts Students Society Essay Competition 2007.
- First and Second Prizes, Colin Thiele Poetry Award, Fellowship of Australian Writers National Literary Awards 2006.
- Second Prize, John Morrison Short Story Award, Fellowship of Australian Writers National Literary Awards 2006.
- First and Second Prizes, Young Adult Article Section, The Society of Women Writers Victoria Inc. Biennial Literary Awards 2003.
- Winner, letter-writing competition (grades 5 & 6), Victorian Indonesian Language Teachers Association 1999.
- Winner, Junior Section (short story competition), Joseph Furphy Commemorative Literary Prize (Goulburn Valley Regional Library Corporation) 1998.